Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The importance of having a camera

Our camera finally arrived and we are back in blogging/photo taking business. No fears about wasting time getting to use it. Arrived last night, played around with it, and this morning, we had the first great photo. What might spark my interest so quickly? transformations around the house? Cute pets? a neat piece of woodwork or other house feature?

Well, of course not! A burglar stealing my neighbors door. I noticed a guy head into my neighbors garage who clearly did not belong. (ie. it wasn't my neighbor). So, I called 911 and took a photo. Got a photo of the burglar leaving the garage with the door. At this point, I've been interviewed a whole bunch of times. The original police officers were practically giddy that I had a photo of the perpetrator in action. Now, I have to wait for a line-up.

The burglar apparently has been convicted 5 times for burglary before. I wonder if this is the guy that stole our air compressor.

Anyway, so keep your camera handy--you never know what you might catch.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great neighbor you are!

January 16, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Congrats! Great use of a camera! Wouldn't it be neat if this did lead to the return of your air compressor??!!

January 16, 2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

You're my kind of neighbor! We've stopped trouble around our area more than once. That's what makes a house a home and a neighborhood a community.

January 16, 2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger donutboy said...

I just had the same experience! I was in my office and noticed someone snooping around the house across the street. WOW!

January 16, 2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Erie's Argonaut said...

My camera fits into my fanny pack I use as my purse. Some day I'll catch someone in the act. So far all I've caught is a picture of a water spout over Lake Erie. But I'm ready if I ever see anything suspicious. Great job catching a thief in the act!

January 16, 2007 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home