Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rental Status

Well, as I mentioned last week, we just put the rental back on the market on Friday. Over the weekend we had a couple parties express interest, and I just got a third e-mail.

1/2 of the first interested couple party was supposed to come by this morning to look at it. As a result, Glenn and I had quite an exhausting Sunday thoroughly cleaning the unit. The potential tenant was supposed to meet up with Apartment People after seeing our place. (which prompted the, "why don't you stop by here first.") Fast forward to today, and I had a message that the potential tenant did not make it back into town and he wanted to reschedule. Needless to say, this was a tad disappointing as it would have been great to have this settled already. We also held off on further advertising efforts (namely a sign in our window).

So, I've now returned e-mails and are trying to schedule appointments.

All and all though the viewing is pretty tricky. Things are so clean down there-I don't want to do anything to muck it up. Some of the possible projects include sanding the front stairs, going back to the fence, painting (which involves some sanding first).Of course, the other option is more cleaning. I figure I'll do more of that before the next appointment.

The life of a landlord...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Yes, the rental process is pins and needles at least for us. Our tenants are workig out well- they are young but quiet and considerate and very cute too. I remember when I was that young :o)

I'll cross my fingers for you guys and my main advice is don't 2nd guess yoursef-if someone seems not right you are probably right. You do credit checks right?

May 31, 2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yep, we pull credit. Our last tenants paid for the most part ontime-it was the 2 a.m. loud movies underneath our bedroom that I couldn't anticipate. We've now vowed not to rent to 2 students as a result. (or we'll have to really get a feel for their hours before hand).

May 31, 2007 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home